There is another major update coming to Cyberpunk 2077. Patch 1.2 was delayed because of the cyberattacks on the developer CD Project Red. And we still don’t know when will this update be ready, but luckily we know what it will include.
CD Project Red posted a ”Night City News Report” on their website. This fictional news report explains what this major patch will include and how it will affect the gameplay. If we skip the fictional parts that were added to make it feel more stylish and realistic, Here is the list of what we will basically get from this update;
- Police respond more slowly
- Adds a steering sensitivity slider
- Steering should be more consistent during dips in framerate
- Stuck cars can be dislodged by rocking and rotating them
- Police appear to assess crime scenes with drones
- Double-tapping a movement key to dodge can be disabled; double-tapping the crouch toggle key will then dodge
I think making police responds slower is a good decision. If you haven’t played or watched the gameplay of Cyberpunk 2077, the problem with the police is they spawn right next to you even if you do a minor crime. And it affects the gameplay in a bad way.
Also the police drones are added to “create the feeling of the police assessing the situation.”
And patch will also modify and improve the car steering mechanics. So when your vehicle get stuck, you will be able to “rock the vehicle forward or back, or rotate it left/right.”
Another thing that this update will change is the dodging mechanic. Normally you have the double-tap the movement button to dodge stuff. But with this update, you will be able to change it to double-tapping the crouch button.