We have got some good news for survival maniacs out there. One of the best titles of the genre, Don’t Starve will get new DLC for its single player title. Like Klei announced, the content will be available next year and will feature a ‘Gentlemen Pig City’. Other than the new DLC, a new content update for Shipwreck is available on beta tabs on Steam. Lastly, a new 6 players co-op story events for Don’t Starve Together, which is called The Forge, will take place in November.
First of all, let’s talk about the new DLC which will add new features like a pig city, shops, items biomes and more to the single player title. As we can read on the Steam page of the DLC: “In Don’t Starve: Hamlet, Wilson discovers a lost town of aristocratic Pigmen nestled within a foreboding tropical jungle. Reacquaint to city life with pig shops, houses, new items, biomes and more, or delve into the ancient pig ruins and try your hand at treasure hunting in this new single player expansion.” It will be available sometime in the first half of 2018. More information will be probably reveled in the near future. But before that, here is the announcement trailer:
As for Don’t Starve Together: The Forge, it will be the first episode of a series of free to play time limited story events. The developers explained that they will try crazy things without touching the core game. It will feature new weapons, new bosses, new areas etc. You will also be able to get new skins, items more frequently and you will be able to scrap the duplicates to get new stuff. A couple of new skin bundles will be on sale too. So it will be like a Don’t Starve Together extravaganza with many crazy stuff. Can’t wait to see it to be honest.
As for the new free content for Shipwrecked, it is on the beta tabs for now. To be able to get access to it, you should follow a couple of steps. The instructions can be found here. And the new features of the content is as follows:
- Crockodogs. Will hound you at land and sea.
- Ballphin followers and the Ballphin Den.
- Roe. New food item. Stocks the fish farm.
- Cormorants. New sea bird. Source of Roe.
- Tar Slick. Pools of crude oil bubbling on the surface of the water.
- Tar. New resource.
- 3 new variety of tropical fish.
- Rainbow Jellyfish.
- Coral Nubbin. Replant coral after it’s mined.
- Ox will produce offspring.
- Galley and Sea Lab. Make your base at sea.
- Sea Yard. Keeps your ship repaired on the water.
- Tar Extractor. Gets Tar from Tar Slick.
- Tar Suit. Temporary protection from wetness.
- Tar patch. A sticky situation.
- Oil Lamp. Quick lightsource for land and sea.
- Fish Farms. Grow food on the water.
- Encrusted Boat.
- Quackering Ram. New craftable for the Quacken Beak.
- Sea wall. Water craftable wall. Blocks waves.
- Tropical Bouillabaisse. New recipe with new tropical fish.
- Caviar. New recipe with Roe
More information about the latest updates, the DLC and The Forge can be found on Klei Entertainment’s forums. So, if you like the title and think that it would be good to take a look at the new stuff, go ahead and check it out. And for other content updates, we will have to wait a little bit longer for more information. But in any case, this is a good reason to get hyped.