Early Access game Valheim continues to get patches, and the most recent patch focuses on improvising dedicated servers and decreasing the reproduction rate of wolves.
As explained in patch notes which were released on Steam, “Dedicated servers now always use direct connections instead of using Steam Datagram Relay (SDR).” so, “This should result in much lower latency for most players.”
Here’s a full list of changes with the recent patch:
- Localization updates
- Made Haldor head-turn smoother
- Object network interpolation is skipped if object was far away, solved issue with network players flying through the air when entering dungeons & exiting portals etc.
- Added -public 1/0 flag to dedicated server again, Allows players to host local lan only servers
- Join IP-button updated to allow for lan-connections (dedicated servers only) & added DNS support
- Dedicated servers use directIP connection instead of SDR, solves issues with slow steam relays in some areas of the world
- Bonemass puke-effect network fix
- Updated Dedicated-server PDF manual
- Prevent pickup items when entering portals
- Lowered wolf procreation slightly
- Lowered chance of boss trophy talking