New Event Mode of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is now live and it emphasizes the close combat with shotguns and melee weapons. In this new mode, you will fight with and against other people just like you did before; except this time, you won’t be able to stay on one position throughout the game. This mode will encourage you to get your close combat weapons and jump in the action.
In this mode, you will form a group of four players and play on Miramar map. It will begin on April 5th at 7 PM PT and will be active for three days, 74 hours. There are other important facts about this mode and it will be better if I share the actual announcement:
- STARTS: April 5th, 7pm PDT / April 6th, 4am CEST / April 6th, 11AM KST
- ENDS: April 8th, 7pm PDT / April 9th, 4am CEST / April 9th, 11AM KST
- Squads (All Regions)
- You can choose to turn Auto Matching either on or off in the main menu. The default state is “On”
- NA/EU/AS: TPP & FPP
- KR/JP/SA/SEA/OC : TPP only
- Shotguns (3x spawn rate)
- Melee Weapons (3x spawn rate)
- No other weapons
- Bag/Helmet/Armor Lv.3 (3x spawn rate)
- Bag/Helmet/Armor Lv.1 (0.5x spawn rate)
- Ammunition (3x spawn rate)
- Immediately after the plane gets into the air, the first safe zone is visible on the map.
- The first safe zone will be smaller than its normal size.
- Time of day is locked at sunrise.
- Care packages are disabled.
Enjoy your new game mode fellas and stay tuned for more!