All Walls Must Fall is a tech-noir spy game set in Berlin 2089 where the Cold War never ended. A game in the isometric action tactics genre, you command secret agents using time travel, social stealth and combat. Prevent nuclear annihilation. Bring down the Wall. It is a game that you are going to explore the meaning of freedom in between the reflection of past events and their never ended reflections in a fantastic future.
Berlin, November 2089. Cold War never ended. Both sides, if there were any sides left to pick a side, used temporal technology to counter every move of each other. But this deadly dance is threatened with a rogue nuclear strike and both sides sent agents back in time to prevent it. Over the course of a journey that jumps and loops through a single night in the city, players will unravel the conspiracy keeping East and West locked in struggle and oppression. As you realized the blurriness of the lines between factions, it will be harder make a choice or pick a side with one of them. How can you take sides with the ones who made both time and free will an illusion to bring down all the walls? When you picked a side, will it really help to shatter all the walls that prevented humanity from unity?
- Isometric action tactics game for download on PC and Mac
- Procedurally generated levels and campaign that plays different every time
- Developed by a team of former AAA professionals using Unreal Engine 4
- Sci-Fi noir Berlin as a divided city in which the Cold War never ended
- A parable that reflects on free will, moral ambiguity and the meaning of freedom
- Mixed 2D/3D art style of a propaganda poster brought to life
- Mind-bending time manipulation abilities
- Pausable real-time tactics with actions on the beat of the music
- Synaesthetic nightclub environments and audio
- A simulation sandbox featuring crowd simulation and destructible objects
- A focus on player agency and expression fostering different play styles including combat, hacking and social stealth using specialized secret agent characters
- An inclusive representation of the people of Berlin including their diverse cultural, sexual and gender identities
All Walls Must Fall
I had the privilage to play the game in its closed alpha stage thanks to Jan David Hassel. The game looks pretty fun. It reminded me old “Omerta” a little bit by the gameplay. Animations are pretty cool. I like the idea of objects fading accordingly to the movement to make the player able to see to where he/she may consider his/her next move but sometimes it gets confusing. It is normal for it to be confusing tho, the game is in its early alpha stage. They are still improving it. It is a great game on this phase, I wonder what it will be like when they are done. I believe some more smooth movement animations and diologue options will suffice but inbetweengames plans to offer us more.
In addition to that, soundtracks are awesome and they are interactive within the game. Music is very important to the concept of the game as all missions happen in procedurally generated nightclubs and all actions happen on the beat of the music. Their aim is to create a synaesthetic effect, where all the audio and graphics in the game are pulling you into the pumping club experience.
To sum up, I believe, in the right conditions and with right moves that inbetweengames will make, it is going to be a great game by the subject, by the time line and soundtracks!
Their Kickstarter campaign is running until the 19th of April – so they’re at the halfway mark now. You can back them up here, if you want. (whispers* yes you want.)
Here is their Kickstarter trailer. Bring all the walls down!
- Awesome soundtracks
- A Great parallel world story
- Time travelling
- Sometimes gun fires and other shiny effects strain the eyes
- Dialogue options are too limited
- Need more animations on main character(s)
I must note that, All Walls Must Fall is still in closed alpha stage and it is quite succesful. If you need some challenging, tactic – based, action, adventure, strategy game, All Walls Must Fall will be what you are looking for.