A beautiful combination of horror and RPG is coming soon fellas. A new title from Cultic Games, a isometric RPG taking place in Lovecraft’s terrifying universe. What game offers a unique mixture of many different genres to be honest. Rich RPG elements, Lovecraftian settings and a turn based tactical combat are the main features of the game.
- A hand drawn 2D world reflecting Lovecraft’s themes of cosmic horror and dread.
- Enemies, environments and storylines inspired by Lovecraft’s iconic original works. Take part in quests inspired by your favorite stories and see them play out according to your own decisions and role-playing style.
- Choose from 8 main character Archetypes, each with its own origin backstory and specialties.
- A host of weird companions will accompany you on your ill-starred journey: the lonely, antediluvian ‘Outsider’, a fallen soldier of the Great War reanimated by Herbert West, a psychic (and narcissistic) cat from Ulthar. Recruit these and other outlandish beings to your crew.
- Your character’s Sanity and mental state will influence dialogue options. Mental illness comes with advantages as well as hindrances. Sometimes it pays to be mad in a world gone mad!
- Stygian’s Belief System determines how your characters cope with the warped reality of the new Arkham, as well as the rate at which they regenerate lost Sanity. Belief Systems also offer unique dialogue options, expanding the breadth of role-playing possibilities.
- A new kind of spell system which sometimes takes more than it gives. Being a master of the occult is not as simple as flinging colored missiles from your fingertips. The black magic of Stygian is potent but may cost you your mind, your health, and possibly even much more.
- Strategic, turn-based combat from a 2D perspective, similar to the classic Heroes of Might and Magic games.
- The struggle in Stygian is not to save the world, for that battle is lost already. Pursue your own goals in these end times: salvation, vendetta, or perhaps something darker.
If you are a Lovecraft lover and want to see how it would work in an RPG game with 2D, hand drawn visuals, this might be your game. If you want to take a look at it before its release date, you can also play a demo on Steam.
The game is coming in 2019. We will keep a close eye on this jewel and share other information whenever its available.
Enjoy the video fellas and stay tuned for more!