One of the best Medieval strategy games of Paradox Interactive Crusader Kings 2 is now free on Steam. This is not a week-end based promotion or something fellas. You can get the game and keep it in your library if you get it until Saturday 10AM PT.
The only thing you should do is to click on “Install Game” button on Crusader Kings 2 Steam page and you will add it to your library. You can install it whenever you want. The catch is that you will only get the vanilla version of the game and if you want the expansions, you will have to get them individually. This is pretty acceptable if you ask me as even the vanilla version offers hours of gameplay and a pretty good experience.
Here are the key features and the system requirements of the game:
- Start a game at any point between 1066 and 1337 and play until 1453
- Pick a Christian lord and make sure his dynasty survives as you play a succession of his descendants through the ages
- Gain Prestige for every successive character you play, furthering the glory of your Dynasty
- Expand your feudal domain – and keep it from falling apart
- Unravel the plots of your courtiers and vassals, each with their own opinions and agendas
- Take up the Cross and fight the Moor, the Heathen and the Heretic.
- Defend against the onslaught of the Mongol Horde
- Struggle with the Pope for control of the bishops
- Relive the Middle Ages with up to 32 other players in a competitive multiplayer mode
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: Intel® Pentium® IV 2.4 GHz or AMD 3500+
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 2 GB
- Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon® X1900, 512mb graphics memory required.
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Sound: Direct X-compatible sound card
- Additional: 3-button mouse and keyboard
Enjoy your free game fellas and stay tuned for more!