Death Trash is an upcoming modern post-apocalyptic role-playing game with action elements and a focus on the narrative and dialogue, but more than anything, it draws our attention with its dashing visuals.
The game is set in a world of cyberpunk, science fiction, horror, the grotesque and trash-talk humor. Death Trash features realtime combat, dialogue, item crafting and psi powers to explore and survive this post-apocalyptic mystic world with larger-than-life beings. You can choose and customize your character and even enjoy local co-op with your friends, if you have any.
The story of the game revolves around a conflict which you must solve. Generations after the Great Galactic War, civilization rises again on Tauris V and the age-old power struggle of factions about resources, influence and beliefs begins anew. But this time the Ancients are freed from their shackles and the Evergrowing Heart pounds for the Flesh Hive.
Here are the key features:
- A post-apocalyptic world with punks, science fiction, large flesh beasts, the grotesque, sexual references and trash-talking unlike anything seen before
- Colorful and noisy pixelart style developed for this game
- Thick atmosphere, rich dialogue and a diverse set of characters
- Any NPC can be killed
- Empowering the player by building on imagination, freedom and choices (see also the Death Trash Manifest: http://deathtrashgame.tumblr.com/post/142780556048/the-death-trash-manifest)
- Dialogue System that doesn’t pause the game and allows canceling anytime
- World simulation through realtime situations: combat, dialogue, item crafting, npc behaviors
- Use psi powers in and out of combat
- Built with modern PC gaming in mind, supporting both mouse and gamepad controls
- Local Co-op where your partner can drop in and out anytime
The game is still at an early stage of development and Stephan, the creator of Death Trash promises a playable prototype when it is ready. There is no release date for now other than ‘When it’s done.’ and it is only confirmed for PC right now.
We will be back with more detailed information about this upcoming beauty. Until then, here is something to ease the pain: