Fade to Silence is an action RPG which is set in a post-apocalyptic, frozen wasteland. While playing the game, we take the role of Ash, a natural but tormented leader. In order to survive in this frozen wasteland, we need to gather resources, upgrade our equipment, scavenge, navigate a vast territory, fight with monster and the harsh weather conditions.
In order to survive and overcome all challenges, the player needs to attract followers, bringing them into thei refuge. Each individual skillset and character traits grants access to higher tier resources and gear. Without such advances, the player character can scavenge only the barest necessities, crafting makeshift tools and weapons.
Here are the key features of the game:
- Explore a vast winter landscape: The launch version lets you explore a river delta, a dense forest region and cultivated farmland of an 8km² area.
- Wolf Sled Expeditions: Pack your sled, take a follower with you and engage in long term expeditions into the farthest regions.
- Fight System: Tiered weapon system, melee and ranged combat.
- Moral choices: Save and recruit various NPCs to join your group. Harsh choices have to be made; who do you take, who do you leave behind.
- Battle increasingly dangerous Eldritch creatures that roam an apocalyptic world.
- Trust your inner voice. It is your friend.
IGN has shared a five minutes long gameplay video of Fade to Silence. The game also hit Steam Early Access today.
Fade to Silence currently in development for PC and Next Generation consoles at THQ Nordic studio Black Forest Games.