If you’ve participated in Star Wars Battlefront II’s Beta testing, you know that it ended just a couple of hours ago.
Star Wars Battlefront II offers new locations, heroes, modes, and the all-new single-player campaign and overall thought is that the the Beta was a success. But, there are some concerns about the progression system and loot boxes. According to DICE, the complete system was not in the Beta and will be improved over time.
Rest assured, we’re continuing to listen to you coming out of Beta. We’re taking a look at some of the most discussed topics, from Crates and progression to Strike mode (which we’re considering changing to a best of three), the Specialist’s Infiltration ability (which might be a little too overpowered) and more. Oh, and the First Order Flametrooper needs some work – we agree he could use a little more… firepower. We are also looking into more ways to allow players to stay and play together as a team – for launch, we’ll have a new feature for you that rewards all players in a spawn wave.
DICE will continue working on the topics which draws the attention of Beta testers. Here, take a look:
- There are many things you can earn in the game, including weapons, attachments, credits, Star Cards, Emotes, Outfits and Victory Poses.
- As a balance goal, we’re working towards having the most powerful items in the game only earnable via in-game achievements.
- Crates will include a mix of of Star Cards, Outfits, Emotes or Victory Poses.
- Players earn crates by completing challenges and other gameplay milestones, or by purchasing them with in-game credits or Crystals, our premium currency.
- If you get a duplicate Star Card in a crate, you will get crafting parts which you can then use to help upgrade the Star Card of your choice.
- And lastly, you have to earn the right to be able to upgrade Star Cards and unlock most Weapons. You can only upgrade or unlock them if you have reached a high enough rank, which is determined by playing the game.
Star Wars Battlefront II will launch on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on November 17, 2017. For more detailed information about Beta results, you can visit here.