As far as we know, and as far as we can see on the forums of the game, Shadow of War will have a “small” micro-transaction system. This issue is not a new thing for any other game out there. Many games nowadays use the micro-transaction system to have a steady and continuous income other than the initial price. Which can be understandable as long as it doesn’t affect the gameplay, especially if it’s a competitive game.
What we see about Shadow of War is something like that. As the developers said: “Everything a player can buy with Gold can also be earned in the game over time for free, but Gold gives players the option to acquire these items faster. No Gold purchases are necessary to enjoy the complete game experience,”. This statement makes me feel better to be honest. I really like the older Shadow of Mordor title. And I would like to try the new one as it has many other new features which you can check out in our older news about the gameplay trailer and the story trailer. As for the things you can get from the Market, they are mainly things which boosts your character and makes you progress faster.
We do not know (yet) if it can ruin the challenging aspect of the game or not. We will see soon enough. The things we know are explained thoroughly on the forums. Basically you have two currencies: Mirian and Gold. Mirian is earned in-game, whereas Gold is gained mainly by spending real money.The full list of the items on the Market is like this:
• Loot Chests contain Gear (weapons and armor) of varying rarity. Equipping and upgrading these weapons and armor enhance Talion’s character abilities. Loot Chests can also contain XP Boosts that help level up Talion faster.
• War Chests provide Orc followers of varying rarity to help forge a strong army. They can also contain Training Orders to level up and customize Orc followers.
• XP Boosts are consumables that help level up Talion faster.
• Bundles package up Loot Chests, War Chests and Boosts together at a great value.
As for the in-game currency, Mirian, you can earn it from:
• Defeating Treasure Orcs
• Destroying Gear for Mirian
• Destroying Orc followers for Gear (which can be destroyed for Mirian)
• Finding Mirian stashes throughout the game
The game will be available on October 10 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One, after a brief delay. So until that time, enjoy the videos that we had shared with you in the past.
And stay tuned for more news!