Why are you so beautiful!?
We are living in a world where everything gets complicated every day, and once in a while you get to see something which will make you go ‘aww’.
Growbot is an upcoming point-and-click adventure about a robot saving her home. The most noteworthy part of the game, I must say, is how it looks. Growbot‘s artwork is more than pleasing to the eye and when you think that there is only one person behind all this, you may want to stop what you are doing and start to question your life.
While playing Growbot, we will step into the shoes of Nara, a student growbot on her first day of captaincy training on board a space station. Your mission is to learn about fauna and flora of your new home planet, yet an alien attack prevents you from doing so. You must discover the truth behind the quickly growing crystals which appeared after the alien attack, find your captain, make friends and fix the station’s machinery in order to save yourself.
At first glance, Growbot reminded me of Machinarium which was a great point & click adventure. Growbot is also inpired by adventure games like Loom and Machinarium, yet offers a more colorful world with beautifully designed environment. A pleasure to the eye, indeed.
Here are the key features of Growbot:
- A story set aboard a space station populated by beautiful plants and starring a cast of strange alien creatures.
- Puzzles that are satisfying yet accessible to people of all ages, including those who are inexperienced with games.
- A beautiful world to explore, with world and characters drawn by an award-winning illustrator.
- Meet a fluffy white hologram called Star Belly with spaghetti arms and a universe in his tummy.
- Wonderful music by musician Jessica Fichot.
- IndieCade 2016 Digital Select.
Growbot is under development in Unity Engine for PC, but there is no release date for now. The game’s Steam page is live and you can take a look at it by visiting here.